POCT: The Power to Disrupt
Following on from the success of the POCT: Innovations event held in Bristol in September 2022 organiser Thornhill Healthcare Events has launched its first 2023 event, covering a wide range of hot topics in this sector. Attendance is free to NHS staff but places are limited due to the venue size. As with previous events the day will feature extended breaks for networking and a chance to visit exhibitors.
- ICS/ICB and diagnostics - David Thorne, NHS Insights Expert
- The role of community pharmacies - Leyla Hannbeck, CEO, Independent Pharmarcies
- POCT networking opportunities - Robyn Wilson, Senior Biomedical Scientist
- Impact of the pandemic on our service - Rhys Tassell, POCT Service Lead, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Remote monitoring of the immune system: Opportunities and challenges - Kourosh SaebParsy Professor of Transplantation and Consultant Transplant Surgeon, University of Cambridge; Chief Medical Officer, Oxford Immune Algorithmics
- Risk management in point of care - Carole Gough, Founder of The POCT Consultancy
- POCT in the emergency department: Past, present and future - Andy Breakell, Emergency Medicine Physician, Med-Tech Award winner.
(Agenda and speakers are subject to change.)
Register for your place now here. - https://poctinnovators.com/events/poct-the-power-to-disrupt-28th-march-the-jubilee-hotel-conferences-nottingham/
Microbiology Society Annual Conference 2023
The Microbiology Society Annual Conference 2023 will take place Monday 17 April–Thursday 20 April 2023 at Birmingham International Convention Centre.
The Conference takes place over four days and consists of scientific symposia, workshops, fora, professional development sessions, Prize Lectures and Hot Topics and much more.
British Society for Microbial Technology Annual Microbiology Conference
Annual conference to be held on Thursday 11 May 2023 at the RAF Museum, Hendon, London. Further details to be announced in due course.
Annual SHOT Symposium 2023
Attend the Symposium to hear about the key highlights from the latest Annual SHOT Report, meet haemovigilance experts, network and share information about transfusion safety. See the SHOT website for further updates
Microscience Microscopy Congress 2023 (mmc 2023, incorporating EMAG 2023)
A major event taking place in Manchester on 4-6 July 2023.
IBMS Congress 2023
The IBMS Congress 2023 event with take place at the ICC in Birmingham on 25 - 28 September. Further details will be available in due course.