Biological safety cabinets
Air Science has introduced its new line of biological safety cabinets. The Purair BIO is designed to protect individuals, the environment and products from various biological particulates. As a Class 2 Type A2 biosafety cabinet, the Purair BIO minimises and contains biosafety level 1–3 agents, maintaining negative pressure inside the cabinet during operation to prevent contaminants from escaping the work area.
The high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filtration scours 70% of the incoming room air to protect the products, while the remaining 30% of the exhausted air is filtered by a second HEPA filter. Purair BIO cabinets provide ample workspace with environmentally sound operation and low energy consumption.
Purair BIO cabinets are available with or without NSF 49, EN12469 and UL61010-1 certification, and complete specifications are available on the Air Science website.