The 2023 Advancing Healthcare Awards has unveiled its shortlist ahead of the awards lunch and presentation ceremony taking pace on 21 April. The awards recognise and celebrate the work of allied health professionals, healthcare scientists and those who work alongside them in support roles, leading innovative healthcare practice across the UK.
The IBMS is sponsoring the Advancing Healthcare Award for Biomedical Scientist of the Year 2023. The category celebrates an exceptional biomedical scientist who has led the way for others in the field, using their skills and expertise to make an impactful change to patients’ lives.
Nominations for this category are:
- Ian Davies Senior Lecturer in Biomedical science and Healthcare Science Course Leader, Staffordshire University
- Glenda Penfold Point of Care Testing, Cross Site Manager, Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Lucinda Streeter Point of Care Testing Manager, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Nominations for the Synnovis Award For Innovation In Healthcare Science are:
- A novel AI-enable Cardiac Imaging Biomarker to guide management of heart failure - Haotian Gu, Clinical Senior Lecturer, and Philip Chowienczyk, Professor of Clinical Cardiovascular Pharmacology, King’s College London
- Innovation to Point of Care Testing in the Community - Rakhee Surti, Point of Care Project Manager; Jess Dixon, Deputy PSM & Quality Manager; and Jill Beech, Organisational Lead Healthcare Scientific Officer, Milton Keynes University Hospital & BLMK Integrated Care Board (Digital Team)
- Shahid Muhammad - Biomedical, Academic and Chartered Scientist, The Renal Patient Support Group (RPSG)
The full list of nominations cab be seen here - https://ahawards.co.uk/uk/