PCR laminar-flow cabinets
The Air Science PCR laminar-flow cabinet employs Air Science Multiplex HEPA filtration technology to create a safe, energy-efficient, contaminant-free environment. It is ideally suited for use with non-hazardous contaminants and when flexible access to the instrumentation in the cabinet is required.
Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) methodology is a proven technique to make multiple copies of a targeted nucleotide sequence from a DNA sample, and to amplify sequences from small samples. This technique is widely used in genetics laboratories that work with DNA and RNA. As PCR amplification is extremely sensitive to contamination, prevention of contamination requires good laboratory practices to minimise external or cross-contamination during reagent and sample preparation.
The benefits of Air Science PCR cabinets include:
- Units are shipped fully assembled with standard power cords; no installation required.
- The integral UV lamp fixtures are pre-installed.
- All filters are pre-installed, easy to access and easy to change.
- Products are designed for desktop use, or may be installed on an optional base stand or mobile cart.
- The high-capacity air-handling system delivers flow velocity of 0.45 m/s or 90 fpm.
Air Science PCR cabinets are constructed of steel with a microbial powder finish coating.
The British In Vitro Diagnostics Association represents the IVD Industry in the UK, to Government, professional bodies, the public, and at MedTech Europe. Giving support to members on regulatory issues, BIVDA also promotes the clinical and cost utility of IVDs in the provision of effective healthcare, both in acute diagnosis and in the prediction...